Are you looking for the perfect gift to bring back from your trip to Philadelphia? Whether you’re searching for a thoughtful souvenir or a unique present for a loved one, the City of Brotherly Love has plenty of options to choose from. From handmade crafts to quirky finds, Philadelphia’s gift shops offer a diverse range of products that are perfect for any occasion. In this article, we’ll take a look at the top gift shops in Philadelphia and what makes them stand out.
Popular Gifts to Buy in Philadelphia
Before we dive into the list of gift shops, let’s first take a look at what gifts are popular to buy in Philadelphia. Here are some of the most sought-after gifts in the city:
- Philly Soft Pretzels: A staple food item in Philadelphia, soft pretzels are a great souvenir to bring back home. You can find them at any street vendor or bakery throughout the city.
- Tastykakes: Another iconic food item from Philadelphia, Tastykakes are a must-try snack for any visitor. You can find them at most grocery stores or convenience stores in the city.
- Liberty Bell Souvenirs: The Liberty Bell is an iconic symbol of American independence, and you can find a wide range of souvenirs featuring this famous bell in most gift shops throughout the city.
- Philly Sports Merchandise: Philadelphia is home to some of the most passionate sports fans in the country. You can find a wide range of sports merchandise featuring the Philadelphia Eagles, Phillies, 76ers, and Flyers in many gift shops throughout the city.
- Artisanal Crafts: Philadelphia has a thriving arts and crafts scene, and you can find a wide range of handmade items such as pottery, jewelry, and textiles in many gift shops throughout the city.
Top Gift Shops in Philadelphia
1. Reading Terminal Market
The Reading Terminal Market is a historic indoor market that has been a Philadelphia institution since 1893. With over 80 merchants selling everything from fresh produce to artisanal crafts, this market is a great place to find unique gifts for any occasion. Some of the top shops to check out at the Reading Terminal Market include:
- Beiler’s Bakery: This bakery is famous for its handmade donuts, fritters, and soft pretzels.
- Dutch Eating Place: This eatery serves up classic Pennsylvania Dutch dishes such as scrapple and shoofly pie.
- The Tubby Olive: This gourmet food shop specializes in high-quality olive oils and vinegars.
- Address: 1136 Arch St, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Nearest Landmark: Pennsylvania Convention Center
- Phone Number: (215) 922-2317
- Business Hours: Monday-Saturday: 8am-6pm; Sunday: 9am-5pm
- Pricing Information: $$
2. Philadelphia Independents
Philadelphia Independents is a gift shop that specializes in handmade items from local artists and artisans. This shop has a wide range of products, from jewelry to pottery to candles, all made with a unique Philly flair. Some of the top products at Philadelphia Independents include:
- Love Park Coasters: These coasters feature the iconic Love Park sign, a popular spot for visitors to take photos.
- Philly Skyline Print: This print features the Philadelphia skyline and is perfect for anyone who loves the city.
- Liberty Bell Ornament: This ornament is a great way to remember your trip to Philadelphia and the city’s rich history
- Address: 35 S 3rd St, Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Nearest Landmark: Independence Hall
- Phone Number: (267) 773-7316
- Business Hours: Monday-Saturday: 11am-7pm; Sunday: 12pm-6pm
- Pricing Information: $$
3. Omoi Zakka Shop
Omoi Zakka Shop is a Japanese-inspired gift shop that sells a range of unique and quirky products. From stationery to home decor to accessories, Omoi Zakka Shop has something for everyone. Some of the top products at Omoi Zakka Shop include:
- Washi Tape: This decorative tape is perfect for scrapbooking or adding a pop of color to any project.
- Cat Tea Towel: This cute tea towel features a whimsical cat design and is perfect for any cat lover.
- Brass Pencil Sharpener: This vintage-inspired pencil sharpener adds a touch of charm to any workspace.
- Address: 1608 Pine St, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Nearest Landmark: Rittenhouse Square
- Phone Number: (215) 545-0963
- Business Hours: Monday-Saturday: 11am-7pm; Sunday: 12pm-5pm
- Pricing Information: $$
Art Star is a boutique gift shop that features a wide range of handmade items from artists and artisans across the country. From jewelry to ceramics to prints, Art Star has a diverse selection of unique products. Some of the top products at Art Star include:
- Ceramic Planter: These handmade planters add a touch of style to any home decor.
- Sterling Silver Earrings: These earrings feature a unique geometric design and are perfect for any fashion-forward individual.
- Screenprinted Tote Bag: This tote bag features a whimsical design and is perfect for carrying groceries or books.
- Address: 623 N 2nd St, Philadelphia, PA 19123
- Nearest Landmark: Liberty Lands Park
- Phone Number: (215) 238-1557
- Business Hours: Monday-Friday: 12pm-7pm; Saturday-Sunday: 11am-6pm
- Pricing Information: $$$
Where can I find unique gifts in Philadelphia?
There are many gift shops in Philadelphia that offer unique and handmade products. Some of the top shops to check out include Reading Terminal Market, Philadelphia Independents, Omoi Zakka Shop, and Art Star.
What are some popular souvenirs to buy in Philadelphia?
Some popular souvenirs to buy in Philadelphia include soft pretzels, Tastykakes, Liberty Bell souvenirs, Philly sports merchandise, and artisanal crafts.
What is the best time to visit gift shops in Philadelphia?
Most gift shops in Philadelphia are open year-round, but you may want to plan your visit around special events or holidays, such as the Christmas Village at Love Park or the Philadelphia Flower Show.
Can I find gift shops in Philadelphia that sell eco-friendly products?
Yes, there are several gift shops in Philadelphia that specialize in eco-friendly and sustainable products. Some of the top shops to check out include Verde and Fair Trade Philadelphia.
What is the price range for gifts at gift shops in Philadelphia?
The price range for gifts at gift shops in Philadelphia can vary depending on the shop and the product. Most shops offer a range of products at different price points, so there is something for every budget.
Philadelphia is a city with a rich history and a thriving arts and crafts scene, which makes it the perfect place to find unique and handmade gifts. From the historic Reading Terminal Market to the Japanese-inspired Omoi Zakka Shop, there are plenty of gift shops in the city that offer something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for a souvenir to remember your trip or a thoughtful gift for a loved one, Philadelphia’s gift shops are sure to have what you’re looking for.
When shopping for gifts in Philadelphia, be sure to check out the popular souvenirs, such as soft pretzels and Liberty Bell souvenirs. Additionally, consider visiting gift shops that specialize in eco-friendly products if sustainability is important to you.
Overall, shopping for gifts in Philadelphia is a fun and exciting experience that offers a unique glimpse into the city’s rich culture and history. So why not plan a visit to one of these top gift shops in Philadelphia and discover the perfect gift for your next special occasion?