Austin, the bustling capital city of Texas, is known for its vibrant live music scene, diverse food offerings, and unique shopping experiences. For those in search of the perfect gift for friends, family, or even themselves, Austin boasts an array of charming gift shops that cater to every taste and budget. In this article, we will explore the popular gifts to buy in Austin and highlight some of the top gift shops in the area, so you can find that ideal present for any occasion.
Popular Gifts in Austin:
Austin is a city with a rich cultural heritage, making it the perfect place to find locally made, unique, and trendy items. Some popular gifts to buy in Austin include:
- Handmade jewelry
- Texas-themed souvenirs
- Local art and prints
- Artisanal food items
- Vintage clothing and accessories
Top Gift Shops in Austin:
Atown is a popular gift shop in Austin, featuring an eclectic collection of locally made products, clothing, jewelry, and home décor.
- List of products: Handmade jewelry, Texas-themed souvenirs, local art and prints, artisanal food items, vintage clothing, and accessories
- Address: 5502 Burnet Rd, Austin, TX 78756
- How to get there, nearest landmarks: Atown is located on Burnet Road in the Rosedale neighborhood. It’s just a few blocks from the iconic Top Notch Hamburgers and across the street from the Phil’s Icehouse & Amy’s Ice Creams complex.
- Phone number: (512) 323-2533
- Business hours: Mon-Sat 10 am-7 pm, Sun 11 am-6 pm
- Pricing information: Prices vary, but most items range from $10-$50
2. The Burlap Bag
The Burlap Bag is a cozy, family-owned shop in Austin, specializing in handmade, eco-friendly, and locally sourced gifts.
- List of products: Soy candles, handmade soaps, quirky accessories, home goods, local art, and unique Texas-themed items
- Address: 3016 Guadalupe St Suite A101, Austin, TX 78705
- How to get there, nearest landmarks: The Burlap Bag is located on Guadalupe Street, just a few blocks north of the University of Texas at Austin campus. It’s situated between Wheatsville Co-op and the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema.
- Phone number: (512) 815-3241
- Business hours: Mon-Sat 11 am-6 pm, Sun 12 pm-5 pm
- Pricing information: Prices range from $5-$50, with many items under $20
3. Take Heart
Take Heart is a modern boutique in East Austin, offering a carefully curated selection of gifts, home décor, and artisanal goods.
- List of products: Handcrafted ceramics, unique kitchenware, artisanal candles, art prints, and minimalist jewelry
- Address: 1211 E 11th St, Austin, TX 78702
- How to get there, nearest landmarks: Take Heart is located in East Austin, just a short walk from Franklin Barbecue and the historic Victory Grill.
- Phone number: (512) 520-9669
- Business hours: Tue-Sat 11 am-6 pm, Sun 12 pm-5 pm, Closed on Mon
- Pricing information: Prices range from $10-$100, with many items between $20-$60
4. Limbo Jewelry
Limbo Jewelry is an Austin-based jewelry shop known for its modern and minimalist designs, crafted with sustainable and ethically sourced materials.
- List of products: Handmade earrings, necklaces, bracelets, rings, and custom-made jewelry pieces
- Address: 3211 Palm Way #152, Austin, TX 78758
- How to get there, nearest landmarks: Limbo Jewelry is located in the Domain Northside shopping center, near popular stores like Apple and Nordstrom.
- Phone number: (512) 994-6878
- Business hours: Mon-Sat 10 am-8 pm, Sun 12 pm-6 pm
- Pricing information: Prices range from $30-$300, with most items between $50-$150
5. Blue Genie Art Bazaar
Blue Genie Art Bazaar is a seasonal gift shop in Austin, featuring handmade and locally created gifts from over 200 regional artists.
- List of products: Local art, prints, ceramics, jewelry, apparel, toys, and unique gifts
- Address: 6100 Airport Blvd, Austin, TX 78752
- How to get there, nearest landmarks: Blue Genie Art Bazaar is located at the ACC Highland Campus, close to the Highland MetroRail Station.
- Phone number: (512) 222-7303
- Business hours: Open annually from mid-November to December 24th, Daily 10 am-10 pm
- Pricing information: Prices range from $5-$500, with a variety of options for every budget
Are there any gift shops in Austin that focus on eco-friendly or sustainable products?
Yes, The Burlap Bag is a great option for eco-friendly and sustainable products, offering items such as soy candles, handmade soaps, and other environmentally conscious gifts.
Can I find custom-made or personalized gifts in Austin?
Absolutely! Limbo Jewelry is known for its custom-made jewelry pieces, and many other local artists and shops offer personalized gift options.
Are there any seasonal gift shops in Austin?
Yes, the Blue Genie Art Bazaar is a seasonal gift shop that operates annually from mid-November to December 24th, featuring handmade and locally created gifts from over 200 regional artists.
What are the best areas in Austin for gift shopping?
Some popular areas for gift shopping in Austin include South Congress Avenue, The Domain, 2nd Street District, and East Austin, where you can find a variety of unique and locally-owned shops.
Can I find unique, Austin-themed gifts for out-of-town friends or family members?
Absolutely! Many gift shops in Austin, such as Atown and The Burlap Bag, offer Texas-themed souvenirs and locally made products that showcase the city’s unique culture and heritage.