There’s nothing worse than getting candle wax on your clothes. It can be tricky to remove, and if you’re not careful, you could ruin your clothes. But don’t worry! With a little know-how, you can get the wax out of your clothes quickly and easily.
What You’ll Need To Get Wax Out Of Clothing
You’ll need a few things to remove candle wax from your clothes.
- Bowl of ice water.
- A blunt object, like a butter knife or spatula.
- A piece of brown paper or a paper towel.
- A hairdryer.
Common Mistakes To Keep In Mind While Removing Wax From Your Clothes
Before you start, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Never try to remove candle wax with a sharp knife or anything else that could cut your clothes.
- Never try to remove candle wax with extreme heat, as this will only make the wax spread and become more difficult to remove.
- Always test any removal method on an inconspicuous garment area first to ensure it won’t damage the fabric.
- Avoid using a harsh chemical to remove the wax. Certain chemicals can cause discoloration or fading of the fabric. Using a gentle cleaning solution or a product specifically designed to remove wax is best.
- Be patient when removing wax from clothes. It may take several attempts to remove the wax completely.
The Six-Step Guide To Removing Candle Wax From Clothes
Here’s a step-by-step guide to removing candle wax from clothes:
- Place the garment in the bowl of ice water.
- Allow the wax to harden. This will take a few minutes.
- Use the blunt knife or spatula to scrape off the wax gently. Be careful not to damage the fabric.
- Place the brown paper or paper towel over the remaining wax.
- Apply low heat to the wax with the hairdryer. The heat will cause the wax to melt and cling to the paper.
- Remove the paper and dispose of it. The wax should come off with the paper.
If any wax remains on the fabric, repeat the process until all of the wax is removed. Once the wax is gone, launder the garment according to the care instructions.
Alternatives To Removing Candle Wax From Fabric
There are a few alternatives if you don’t want to remove the wax from your clothes with the six steps outlined above.
You can try covering the wax with a piece of tape and then peeling it off. You can also try freezing the wax with ice and then breaking it off. Finally, you can try using a product designed to remove candle wax.
Another option is to use a blow dryer to heat the wax and then scrape it off with a butter knife. Be sure to use the blow dryer on a low setting and keep it moving to avoid damaging the fabric. You can also try using a vacuum cleaner to suck up the wax. Be sure to use the vacuum on the lowest setting and keep it moving to avoid damaging the fabric.
Additional Tips For Keeping Candle Wax Off Of Clothes
Here are a few additional tips for keeping candle wax off of clothes:
- Be careful when handling candles. Make sure you don’t accidentally drip wax on your clothes.
- If you do get wax on your clothes, act quickly! The longer the wax sits, the harder it will be to remove.
- If you’re using a candle in a holder, make sure the holder is big enough to catch any drips.
How To Get Candle Wax Out Of Fabric
Candle wax can be tricky to remove, but with a little know-how, it’s not impossible. With the right tools and techniques, you can get the wax out of your clothes quickly and easily. Just be careful not to damage the fabric, and always test the removal method on an inconspicuous area of the garment first.
If you still have trouble removing the wax, you can always take the garment to a professional dry cleaner. Professionals have the expertise and specialized tools to remove the wax without damaging the fabric. It may cost a bit more, but it’s worth it as it ensures you won’t damage your clothes.
96NORTH Premium Candles
96NORTH sells the best soy wax candles on the market. We have a wide variety of naturally-scented candles, such as Madagascar vanilla and tropical coconut, which can transform your home into a serene, relaxing landscape.
Allow our candles to carry you to distant countries, atmospheres, and settings. Embrace their fragrance and journey through the aroma of beautiful exotic beaches and jaw-dropping lush jungles.
Allow the luxurious scents of 96NORTH’s candles to turn your house into a comfortable and relaxing home. Shop our selection of soy scented candles on our website.
Does candle wax come out in the wash?
Washing your clothes can help remove residue wax from your garments. However, if there is a large amount of wax on your clothing, you’ll probably have to try other methods to remove it.
What is the easiest way to remove candle wax?
The easiest way to remove candle wax is to apply low heat to it, making it easier to remove with a blunt object. Otherwise, you can freeze it, making it more brittle and easier to chip off. Be careful not to damage your clothes while trying these methods.
Will hot water get candle wax out of clothes?
Hot water can help remove candle wax from your clothes. The heat will melt the wax, making removing it much easier to remove from your clothing.